Advantages of Inkjet Printers:
- It can be low cost to buy and offer good resolution.
- The printer can be used for other things while it is not required for labels.
- Color in labels can be printed at a reasonable cost.
Disadvantages of Inkjet Printers:
- Not as accurate as laser or thermal for barcodes. Because of the rough nature of the "Bleed" into the paper it means the barcodes may require to be printed at a larger size
- Reasonably slow to print.
- Normal Inks will regularly run or bleed if exposed to water. Special Inks are more expensive.
- Prints entire sheet of labels at a time, not perfect for small batches of labels.
- Requires some drying time.
- Ink cartridges for print labels can be expensive.