Advantages of Dot Matrix Printer:
- Dot matrix printers are comparatively low cost and are excellent for creating temporary labels.
- The printer can be used for some other things when it is not necessary for labels.
- While using 1-across labels you can print only one label at a time.
- Can be inexpensive for very large labels for eg, Full or Half sheet.
· Can print carbonized forms.
Disadvantages of Dot Matrix Printer:
- Low resolution means barcodes must be large to make sure they are readable.
- These printers are generally slow and noisy.
- The Ink ribbons dry out and become lighter. Usually imperfect barcodes are produced before staff realizes they need to be replaced.
· Printer Drivers for a few models can be difficult to keep updated.
· The dot matrix printing is that it is not capable of providing fine feature printing.